Monday, July 27, 2009

The Stork has arrived!!

Well, the stork arrived this morning! I was certain Tori would have her puppies last night, but she had other ideas. While I was busy putting the other dogs outside this morning, Tori was busy having her first puppy.

Several hours later, Tori had finished. The final count is 6 girls, 2 boys, and they're all blue. Mom is being extremely attentive to their needs at this time, and we're busy trying to make sure everyone gets their turn at the "milk bar". No small task when there are eight to keep track of.

The puppies look wonderful, and as always, there are expectations on each litter. I guess as breeders always looking to improve our dogs, and in search of the "perfect" dog, we must be eternal optimists. I'm very excited about this litter, Tori has always been one of my all-time favorite show dogs, she was showy enough to compete and beat the boys, and was a group winner in addition to numerous group placements. My last litter with her resulted in one puppy, Freddie, whom I dearly love, but I really wanted a Tori daughter. It looks like I'll get a daughter of hers this time! The sire is Ch. Bonnybrooks Talkn' About Me, a lovely dog that finished a while ago, and wasn't shown again until the National Floating Specialty in Omaha last month, where he won Best of Breed. I'm extremely excited about this litter, and hope they live up to the potential that they should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment